- “It is an interesting exercise to sit down and try to be conscious of what it means to say that consciousness does not exist.” – Julian Jaynes
- Thoughts are almost always almost spoken.
- “Man has freewill to the extent he knows who he is.” – Alan Watts
- Being-in-the-world is the world to be experienced.
- “To be conscious of elements of speech is to destroy the intention of the speech.” – Julian Jaynes
- In order to find consciousness in the brain, one must know what to look for. One then must go from concepts of consciousness to the brain and not the other way around for the process of inquiring into what to look for constitutes the consciousness being sought after.